Anyone who has experience with web forms knows that, however useful these forms may be, they are not that efficient. This is why Auction-Experts chose to run everything via an import of the auction catalog and photographs, while leaving the form option intact. When you have filled in the auction catalog, and shot enough sharp photographs, (see also the page on this topic), it is time to add these data to the auction via an import.
This is done in a few steps:
- Place the auction catalog (the spreadsheet) featuring the photographs on the server. (Free, useful software is available for this).
- Log in to the auction manager.
- Go to Import auction -> Import lot.
- You can now see the auction catalog. Select it.
- Select the group of photographs for this auction catalog.
- During the next step the fields of the auction catalog are added to the database (we have already configured this for you).
- In this step you can use a number of default values (these have also been configured for you).
- In the last step the data is transferred from the auction catalog to the database, the photographs are processed and transferred to the right location.
- You may do a random check of the imported lots to make sure you haven’t forgotten anything.
- With one click you can activate the lots, after which your auction is ready for bids.
We wish you lots of success with your auction.