A number of laws apply to doing business on the internet, what are the legal requirements for web auctions?
We shall confine ourselves to the guidelines of the European Union which may be interpreted in various ways by the various member states. In most countries, there are no special laws only relating to internet auctions. The applicable legislation is determined by the type of auction and the audience of buyers (companies or consumers). At company auctions, existing legislation applies, such as, among others, the Code of Commerce of the various countries. With the advent of the internet, new rules and laws have been drawn up for consumers.
Legislation in most countries distinguishes several types of auctions, such as:
- Execution auctions movable property.
- Execution auctions registered property (real estate, large ships, large planes).
- Voluntary auctions for consumers.
- Voluntary auctions for companies.
- Voluntary sales of registered property (real estate, large ships, large planes).
For consumers existing legislation applies. In addition, a number of new guidelines and laws have been created.
We shall confine ourselves to the main rules:
- Buying at a distance/Agreements at a distance. These laws govern the contract of sale via, among others, the internet. The website of the EEC (European Consumer Centre) features a good explanation.
- Data Protection Act.
- Unsolicited advertising via email (Anti Spam).
Existing laws and regulations were taken into account during the development of Auction-Experts. Should new laws and regulations come into force, the software will be adapted. In the case of all other goods and services sale can be concluded via the auction.Existing laws and regulations were taken into account during the development of Auction-Experts. Should new laws and regulations come into force, the software will be adapted.
In the case of all other goods and services sale can be concluded via the auction. Registered goods require a notarial deed. The auction can be only be used to bring together demand and supply by means of the auction system, whereby the right price is determined. You can always contact us for more information on this subject: phone +31 (0) 36 5254725